CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Harry Potter obsession

We have a little Harry Potter obsession going on here in our house! T Jay is reading book three, Summer is reading book two and Matthew has informed me that he is also reading Harry Potter and that he is on book one. I woke up at 6:30 one morning last week to this little reading party. I finally allowed T Jay and Summer to watch the first Harry Potter movie this weekend, since they had both read that book. I think when Summer is finished with book 2, I may let them watch it also. We'll see. Even though it's PG, T Jay got a little scared during a few parts and said 3 prayers that he wouldn't have bad dreams from it. They worked, no bad dreams for T Jay! Such a sweetie.

Proof that they are growing up way too fast!

Another funny story from this weekend: Matthew got a birthday party invite at church 2 weeks ago. He was so excited to tell me about it. he said, "there's going to to be hot dogs, cake and a bounce house!" all as he counted them out for me on his fingers. It was so cute. We went to the birthday party this past Saturday. He had so much fun. When we left, he said, "but Mom, they didn't have cake. They said they were going to have cake." I explained to him that at birthday parties, a lot of times they will do cupcakes in place of cake because it's easier for kids to eat. He thought for a second and said with a chuckle, "oh, they tricked us! They did cupcakes instead!" I loved it!

No comments: