CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 15, 2011

San Fransisco

Jess' Company has been looking at opening an office in Northern California. Since much of Jess' time is spent in this other sunny state, this was of great interest to us. The week before Easter, Jess' parents flew out to take care of the kiddos and we headed as far away as we could. Just kidding, we went to check out the area that we could move to. This was really exciting to me because San Fransisco has always been on my bucket list! We drove across the Golden Gate bridge. I had no idea that San Fransisco was known for it's fogginess and cool weather!

Our first clue that we had arrived in San Fransisco! If you click on the photo to enlarge it, you can see the awesome dashboard collection that appears to have started the year the van was made.



Fisherman's wharf. This might also be the first photo of me pregnant with #5 here on the blog. This would be about 22 or 23 weeks along.

I can not wait to go to Alcatraz!!

Sea Lion refuge at Fisherman's Wharf!
We had a yummy dinner at a restaurant called 21 Market street in SF and then headed over to Livermore, where Jess had meetings scheduled during the week. I spent the week, eating out, looking around the town we would prospectively like to live in, reading the newspaper at breakfast every morning, sleeping in, taking walks with Jess and a little shopping. Oh and definitely some romance! It was fun having Jess mostly all to myself. Work got in the way a little, but all in all, it was like the trips we used to take before we had kids. Funny thing is though, I spent at least two weeks prior dreaming about how awesome and amazing it was going to be to have this break. Once I was on it, I missed having a purpose to my day. On the day that Jess had meetings, I checked out the local shopping situation. A very important detail to any potential move! I found myself wandering around, sort of like I was lost. Strange. We had a ton of fun, loved the area and I was really glad to get back home to my babies! I am so glad that I don't have to fly coast to coast as much as Jess has. Oh yeah, if you ever fly on Delta, try the Bentley's Carmel popcorn they sell-YUM!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Fun! I'm so excited for you guys and your big move
You look tiny for how far along you are! Exciting year for you guys! :)

Anonymous said...

That is so wonderful you are moving to the San Francisco Area. I personally want to live there someday too, I have being there two different times and I fall in love every time I am there.. I will missed you terrible and your family, but may be I can visit you once I have the baby!!
Love you and I am so excited for your new adventure!!!! :) Celia

GFC Builders said...

Yay! We'll be neighbors!!! I can't wait!